020 7703 2324 (ext.6512)
07711 679 900
Tim is a Solicitor at the Magistrates Court, Youth Court and Crown Court. He has a well-earned reputation for his extensive expertise and experience in the field of serious violent and sexual offences and for his experience in dealing with young and vulnerable defendants in the Youth Court.
He has acted for defendants with mental health problems, charged with the most serious of offences including murder and is well versed in dealing with issues of fitness to plead, dangerousness and other complex issues arising out of the Mental Health Act.
He is, in addition, a member of the Legal Services Commission’s Specialist Fraud Panel and has been instructed in complex fraud investigations, defending actions brought by prosecuting agencies as diverse as the Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue & Customs, and the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading. Tim is greatly respected for his dedication to each case, sympathetic manner and client-handling skills.
A skilled Duty Solicitor with 25 years experience purely in the field of criminal law he represents clients in the Magistrates Court, Youth Court and Crown Court on a wide variety of matters, including sexual offences, robbery, theft, grievous bodily harm, drugs crime, violent crimes, drug trafficking, murder, homicide, kidnapping, offences against the person, firearm offences and offensive weapons.
Tim qualified as a Solicitor in 1987 and is also a Higher Court Advocate able to provide representation at all levels from the Magistrates court through to the Court of Appeal.
- R v B: Conspiracy to rape, false imprisonment and kidnap. Nationally reported case involving 8 young defendants tried over a period of 10 weeks Committed against a background of gang membership and involving lengthy cross examination of young victims. .
- R v G: Grievous bodily harm revolving around a stabbing in a nightclub. Tim represented one of three defendants who were acquitted on the Judge’s direction after legal argument over non-service of CCTV evidence. The Crown appealed to the Court of Appeal where Tim appeared to resist the appeal. The acquittals were upheld.
- R v P: Represented a defendant charged with rape of an ex-partner both here and in Leeds. The Defendant was acquitted
- R v W: Represented defendant on trial for murder with a drugs gang background. The defendant was found Not Guilty of Murder and sentenced to 9 months for a related Assault.
- R v B: Tim represented a client charged with rape of a cellmate in Wandsworth prison. The case involved expert cross examination of the victim who was serving a sentence of life for murder and several prison officers.